Graduate, 27, makes $100MILION with his ‘miracle’ teeth whitening brand – after lockdown saw his sales skyrocket
- Josh Elizetxe, from Phoenix, Arizona, launched Snow Teeth Whitening in 2017
- The idea came about after he had jaw surgery and befriended his oral surgeon
- Australia is trailing the US as the company’s second top sales country and fans
- Snow sells whitening pens, lip scrubs and treatments as well as charcoal floss
- During the height of the pandemic Josh was selling a product every 23 seconds
Josh Elizetxe is the creator of Snow (pictured)
A business graduate has made $100million in sales of a teeth whitening system he invented while getting jaw surgery, and the coronavirus only helped boost his growth.
‘I spent months researching oral care and oral cosmetics and testing out products to prepare for my recovery. I realised that the brands lacked the aspirational appeal commonly found with skin care and makeup brands,’ the 27-year-old told FEMAIL.
‘I realised that oral care products had the potential to be a part of the beauty routine too.’
Australia is the company’s second top sales country behind the United States and there have been over 25million unique viewers on the Snow website since launch.
The $567 wireless teeth whitening system, their top-selling product of 2019, has five patents pending and includes a vegan anti-aging lip treatment ($43).
The system self-sanitises to kill 99.99 per cent of bacteria, uses red light technology to keep your gums healthy during the process and a blue light spectrum for whitening.
Josh Elizetxe, from Phoenix, Arizona, launched Snow in 2017 after befriending his orthodontist and oral surgeon prior to undergoing a jaw operation
The $567 wireless teeth whitening system, their top-selling product of 2019, has five patents pending and includes a vegan anti-aging lip treatment ($43)
It also connects to a mobile app via Bluetooth to track and controlling the device.
In an independent study performed by Prestige Testing, 97 per cent of participants experienced whiter teeth after one use and 100 per cent after four weeks.
‘In the first year I would call every customer, including the celebrities who ordered, and ask them about their experience, everything from taste, scent, results and sensitivity,’ Josh said.
‘Then I would take that feedback and improve every aspect of the brand, including the packaging.’
Claiming that Snow is like the ‘Apple of oral care’, Alexa.com voted the company the most popular oral cosmetics brand on Earth in 2020.
Claiming that Snow is like the ‘Apple of oral care’, Alexa.com voted the company the most popular oral cosmetics brand on Earth in 2020
The results speak for themselves: Customers have been loving the way the product brightens their smile in seconds
‘We have spent years perfecting our formulas. There is nothing like them on the market,’ Josh said.
‘Many teeth whitening systems online are not strong enough to deliver results that last a long time, or they use harmful ingredients that can cause painful sensitivity.’
The COVID-19 outbreak that has halted the world has done no such thing to Josh and his team, who haven’t had to lay off any of their employees.
‘COVID-19 accelerated our growth and showed us just how big this brand will become,’ he said.
‘We have always been known for bringing professional treatments into the home, so the at-home rush was incredible for us.
What are tips for getting whiter teeth?
1. Limit coffee, red wine and tea.
2. If you are drinking these staining agents, try to drink them where possible through a straw.
3. Get a regular professional clean to reduce the buildup of tartar, which can make staining agents stick to your teeth more.
4. Limit acidic fruits like lemon water and the like, which can erode your teeth.
5. Remember that tomato-based pasta sauces can stain your teeth, as canned tomatoes are far more acidic than regular tomatoes.
6. Limit foods like popcorn and ice, which are crunchy and can place great strains on your teeth and increase the risk of fracture.
7. Be wary of charcoal toothpastes, which can just be sandy and strip the enamel of the teeth.
The COVID-19 outbreak that has halted the world has done no such thing to Josh and his team, who haven’t had to lay off any of their employees (Josh and his girlfriend)
While the brand already sells a number of add-ons like charcoal floss ($32), a lip exfoliator ($63) and desensitising serum ($36), they have more ideas in the works
‘We shattered company sales records and had over four million unique shoppers in April and May alone.’
During those months they were selling a product every 23 seconds.
While the brand already sells a number of add-ons like charcoal floss ($32), a lip exfoliator ($63) and desensitising serum ($36), they have more ideas in the works.
Josh just launched a whitening toothpaste which sold out in pre-order before the team had a chance to promote it.
Later this year he is looking to create an electric toothbrush, mouth rinse and additional flavours of whitening toothpaste.